Back by popular demand, this year's Annual Conference will again feature four post-Conference Bootcamp Sessions on Wednesday, Oct. 28 from 1-5 p.m. These four-hour sessions will allow you to dive deeper into complex issues in vacation rental management. You will walk away with a solid action plan that you can immediately implement to improve your personal and business performance.
Additional registration is required for these sessions.
Bootcamp Sessions: One half-day of learning; one year of business growth.
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2015
Time: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Fees: $90 per session.
Bootcamp Session Descriptions
If you are interested in attending a Bootcamp Session, you may choose from one of the following:
- - Presented by Ben Edwards, Weatherby Consulting LLC/Newman-Dailey Resort Properties
- - Durk Johnson, Vacasa
- - Presented by Michelle Marquis, NAVIS; Heather Weiermann, NAVIS
- - Amy Hinote, The VRM Consultants
Financial Management and Budgeting
Specifically, vacation rental managers will learn:
- Why you should care about financial management and reporting
- What you need to know to review and understand accurate and timely financial statements, including chart of accounts, transactions and transaction flow, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
- Why you need a budget
- How to create a budget
- How to use this information for forecasting
- How to manage against a budget, including controlling expenses and understanding the metrics associated with top line revenue
- How other company owners and managers are successfully managing their finances
Housekeeping Bootcamp Session
Presenter(s): Durk Johnson, Vacasa
The word housekeeping generally elicits one of two responses: Sheer joy, or pure terror. If you find yourself in the latter category, this Bootcamp is for you. Overcoming the terror of housekeeping is about knowledge, alliances, and planning. In this bootcamp we will talk about all three.
Knowledge: Knowledge is the key that unlocks the potential of outstanding housekeeping. There are a plethora of laws, rules, procedures, and expertise one needs to know to succeed. We will cover the following:
- Housekeeping basics
- OSHA compliance
- Cleaning products
- Black light
- Carpet cleaning
- Piece rate
Alliances: Alliances create the synergy for housekeeping success. From suppliers to staff, everyone needs to be speaking the same language and be working on the same time frame to accomplish the goal of on time check-in. We will look at how the stake holders help in the success of housekeeping.
Planning: We are familiar with the adage of, “People don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.” In housekeeping, this is mission critical. A housekeeping department can plan for 80% of the work and adjust to the other 20%. We will discuss and practice the following principles:
- Proper scheduling
- Housekeeping and inspection kits
- Housekeeping and inspector training
- Standard property appearance
- Service standards
How to Drive More Profit From Your Existing Demand
Join our bootcamp to learn four proven tactics to drive more revenue and profit from your vacation rentals, including:
- Hiring: Who to hire
- Training: You’d be surprised where your current training is lacking
- Incentives: Cheap incentive programs that work
- Management of Sales People: How to know if it’s working
Presenter(s): Michelle Marquis, NAVIS; Heather Weiermann, NAVIS
Vacation Rental Marketing War Room
This tactical bootcamp seminar is designed to work with vacation rental marketers to analyze current marketing strategies, determine how much money should be spent on marketing, demonstrate how to create a marketing budget, and discover ways to save money and increase the effectiveness of the marketing plan.
Participants will receive an example marketing budget, along with the latest information on both old and new marketing tactics. The roundtable format will allow marketers to hear from each other about effective strategies, how to avoid pitfalls and how to measure performance.
Some of the marking tactics we will examine are SEO/SEM, website design, distribution channels, email marketing, marketing automation, direct mail, utilizing the tools in your PMS, and more. With each marketing tactic, we will discuss in depth what is new, what has changed, how to measure ROI, in-house vs outsourcing, and ways to save money while optimizing for success. We will also demonstrate how to plug your strategy into a marketing budget, and how to manage expenses throughout the year.
Presenter(s): Amy Hinote, The VRM Consultants; Amber Mayer, The St. Joe Company/St. Joe Club & Resorts